Choosing cloud or dedicated VN server depend entirely on the nature of your business and your business goals and requirements.
As more and more businesses are going online and hosting solutions for hosting their data are becoming more technologically superior, there will come a time when you have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of both dedicated and cloud servers for choosing the best option. When you choose cloud server, you do not have to buy or maintain costly hardware to store the data. The cloud services vendor will take care of server management and troubleshoot any server-related problems. However, in dedicated server, you will need to buy the hardware for storing data. Depending on whether you opt for managed or unmanaged hosting, you can save on your hosting plans.
- In terms of availability, cloud servers seem to perform better compared to dedicated servers. In cloud server, even if a single server malfunctions, there are standby servers which will step in to ensure that the website continues to function optimally. So, there’re zero downtime problems and highest network uptime as far as your website is concerned. In dedicated server, however, you cannot get rid of downtimes completely; risks of hardware failures are there as there is no standby server Vietnam for sharing the load.
- As far as scalability goes, cloud servers can get as many resources as you want when you want them. So, resources are made available in real time and on an on-demand basis. This helps to boost your website’s performance and makes sure that your functions continue seamlessly because of ready availability of resources. But in dedicated server, scaling of resources takes time and may be slightly challenging.
- When you compare cost-efficiency between cloud server and dedicated server, you will see that in cloud server, you just pay for the resources that you use and not a penny extra. The cloud vendors typically follow a pay-as-you-go model where customers pay only for what they use. This guarantees better resource allocation and no wastage of capacity. In cloud server, the SQL storage, bandwidth costs and server space may be a tad costlier compared to dedicated servers. But in dedicated server, you’ll be required to pay a fixed sum every month, regardless of what resources you actually use.
- Where the degree of control is concerned, cloud servers do not allow you to enjoy complete control over the server as does dedicated server vendors. In dedicated server, you can have full control over the server; you can adjust its settings and configure the server vn to suit your business requirements. Cloud server control is limited by offerings of the vendors.
- As far as security goes, cloud servers are highly secure because the vendors implement robust measures like secure firewalls, anti-virus protections, backup provisions, on-site surveillance, data encryption methods etc. in dedicated server, you’re expected to implement security measures and you may need to upgrade the servers when you are dealing with highly-sensitive information.
Cloud servers are better suited for ecommerce websites which are likely to face unpredictable traffic peaks and need resources right away to handle these sudden demand fluctuations. SMEs also find cloud server more lucrative as you only have to pay for resources you use. However, when you seek high performance, high reliability and complete server control, you should settle for dedicated servers.